18 July 2008

How to add an Embedded Comments Form in posts in Blogger.

Advertisements

Many people using Blogger were not happy with the comments form available with blogger,which opens on the seperate page.There have been a long-time demand for a comment form embedded in the posts like the one in Wordpress.


At last Blogger have accepted the request and have developed an Embedded Comments Form.

Open this url - http://draft.blogger.com/ and log into your account using your Blogger id/password.

Go to - Settings > Comments

Scroll down till you see - "Comment Form Placement"


Check the box in front of "Embedded below post" and save it.

Now check any of your blog's post, whether you get the form like I am having here.

If not , go to Layout > Edit HTML > Expand Widget Templates and search this -

<b:include data='post' name='comments' />
And immediately after this add the following code -
<b:include data='post' name='comment-form'/>
Now check your post once againg,it will be showing the comments form embedded in the posts.

Related Posts

8 comments

July 20, 2008 at 6:57 PM

Thanks for sharing all these goodies. I've added your blog to my blog links. Hope you don't mind.
http://wonderwealthwisdom.blogspot.com/

Let me know if you are not comfortable with it.

Cheers

Anonymous
August 21, 2008 at 3:28 AM

hi, i want to add this form to my website (funscrape.com) so where and how i can get this?

August 21, 2008 at 9:08 AM

srry but ur site doesnt seem to be Blogger powered.....youe should google it - "how to add comment form to a HTML site."

March 21, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Hi,

I had somehow lost my comment box from my blog. After I tried the method mentioned above, it helped me a little but not completely. After I followed your instructions, it shows me a text "Post a comment" only. But below this there is no box to type a message. My blog is

http://www.forex-crunch.blogspot.com

Kindly tell me what else can be done to sort out the issue.

Thanks

March 21, 2012 at 11:29 PM

go to edit html and look for

<a expr:href='data:post.commentFormIframeSrc' id='comment-editor-src'/>
<iframe allowtransparency='true' class='blogger-iframe-colorize blogger-comment-from-post' frameborder='0' height='410' id='comment-editor' name='comment-editor' src='' width='100%'/>

it is present or not?

March 22, 2012 at 4:16 AM

Yes I can find this code

March 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Go to - Settings > Comments
Scroll down till you see - "Comment Form Placement"
Check the box in front of "Embedded below post" and save it.

Now check any of your blog's post

March 23, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Thanks very much for your help. I managed to install instantdebate comments box on my blog.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More